Boosting Your Immune System Against The Virus
The pandemic will be with us for a long period of time globally, maybe till 2021. Please make sure you are protecting yourself from getting infected while all of the restrictions are being lifted by each affected nation. Everyone is dying to be out and about from a long quarantine at their respective homes. Researchers reported that people who are heavily affected by the pandemic are patients with underlying medical conditions such as coronary heart disease, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD. Some patients were found to have pulmonary embolism from deep vein blood clots from the legs that lodged in the lung artery. Some of the patients were also overweight. Take some steps to make your lungs, coronary arteries, and heart stronger by improving your immune system through good dietary habits and regular exercise.
Ways To Boost Your Immune System
- If you smoke, take steps to kick the habit. Cigarettes contain several chemicals that make you addicted to it and weakens lung function. Take a deep inhale and exhale breathing exercises every day to make your lungs stronger.
- Get 8 hours of sleep daily as much as possible. Our body repairs while we sleep and will boost the immune system making you less susceptible to get infected.
- Exercise regularly to maintain blood flow throughout your body
- Maintain a healthy weight. If you have a great appetite that makes you gain weight, you have an option to control your appetite naturally. Try eating whole fruits such as apples, pears, and oranges. They can make you feel full fast and at the same time provide a variety of vitamins and nutrients to your body. Click here to learn about caralluma fimbriata, a natural supplement that can control your appetite. Consult your physician before taking Caralluma Fimbriata.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle. If you drink alcohol occasionally, do it moderately. A study reported that there is no healthy level of alcohol consumption. An occasional drink of alcohol can still be harmful to your health.
- Take supplements that supply the nutrients you don’t regularly get from your daily diet. Consume more alkaline foods above the acidity level of the virus, like lemon, lime, avocado, garlic, mango, tangerine, pineapple, watercress, and oranges.
Avoid Inflammatory Food that Weakens Immune System
- White sugar is pro-inflammatory. It has been linked to causing heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, cancer, and other types of non-contagious diseases.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) is an artificial sugar from corn syrup. Has been linked to diabetes, fatty liver, and heart disease. Avoid processed juice and desserts that have HFCS and added sugar. Also artificial sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose, and Splenda. These are the worst types form of sugar that can cause health problems from headaches to cancer.
- The frequent habit of eating fast or junk food for a long period of time can lead to health issues such as heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and weight gain.
- Using vegetable oil for cooking causes inflammation. It has unsaturated fats that when heated it causes oxidation that leads to inflammation.
Foods That Make Immune System Stronger
Use raw honey in your coffee, iced tea, or matcha green tea, which is better than regular sugar. The polyphenols and polysaccharides properties in green tea are antioxidants. Also, the use of a cinnamon stick in your hot coffee or tea lowers blood sugar. For baking cakes or other desserts, use Stevia extract and follow the instruction on the label for measuring the amount you will need.
Mixing green herbs in your vegetable recipe will enhance and protect your immune system. Green herbs like holy basil, garlic, onions, and ginger can be incorporated with sautéed green vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, spinach, kale, and mustard green. The green vegetables mixed with some green herbs will enhance the immune system effectively. If you know other green herbs that are good to mix with your cooking, then you will be doing well protecting yourself.
All Mushrooms (maitake, shiitake, portabella, cremini) are protein and have no fat but will enhance the immune system. Fermented mushrooms, carrots, artichokes, and Daikon are very good in enhancing the immune system. Fermented food has become very popular among health food experts.
Animals raised in pasture land will be great to consume than animals raised in cages. They contain better nutrients and vitamins that will help us to be healthy. Eat 1 -2 apples a day. Apples contain vitamins C, E, and beta carotene will strengthen the lungs as well.
Walnuts are the healthiest nuts you can have and are a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
Supplements For Boosting Immune System
Our immune system relies on good nutrition to function optimally so it is important to properly nourish our body.
- Vitamin C – has been known to raise your immune system. I take up to 2,000 mg of vitamin C for a number of years now. I don’t get sick of the flu during the year. In winter times, I will get some cold and cough if I get rained on but goes away quickly after taking steps to get rid of it. I also drink hot chamomile or green tea with lemon and honey.
- N Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a very good support for the lungs. A study reported that 600 mg of NAC taken twice a day significantly improves lung function. Individuals with COPD and chronic bronchitis can benefit from NAC. It is a powerful antioxidant and helps replenish glutathione levels in the lungs and reduces inflammation in bronchial tubes and lung tissues. It can act as an expectorant, loosening mucus in the air passageways.
- Magnesium – Do you get enough magnesium from your daily diet? Magnesium is essential for powering hundreds of enzyme reactions in the body. It supports muscle, bone, and heart health. Helps with regulating stress and sleep.
- Fermented Turmeric – the most beneficial turmeric supplement as it contains vitamin D3 and ginger, both potent anti-inflammatories, along with KSM-66 Ashwagandha and ParActin for reduced joint pain and to help the body recover from stress.
Of course, if you think you are feeling sick and you feel the need t..o see a doctor, by all means, do so.
Be Vigilant in Protecting You From The Deadly Virus!
We are all susceptible to contracting the COVID 19 infection when going to supermarkets, malls, and other public places, even if we are wearing a face mask. Always wear a face mask when going out. At a store, you don’t know if there is a droplet of infection on the items you have touched. Take the following precautions while at a store to ensure you are protecting yourself:
- Do not touch any part of your face as transmission can occur through your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Always have a pack of wipes and hand sanitizer in your car
- After shopping, when you get back in the car, pull a piece of wipes and wipe your hands. Then use a new piece of wipes and wipe your car’s steering wheel as you may have automatically touched the steering wheel when getting back in the car.
- Use the hand sanitizer after wiping your hands with wipes.
- When you get home, wash all of the fruits and vegetables before refrigerating them. After putting away other items that are not perishable, wash your hands to ensure you are free of the virus.
- UV light is also very effective in sanitizing grocery items, when on the plane, and in a hotel room or wherever you are. It’s light enough to put in your purse or bag pack. The use of UV light will protect you and give you peace of mind. Hospitals have been using UV sanitizing light to sanitize equipment and tools used for patients. Now they are available on the market for home and travel use. It is very light, handy, but powerful to kill germs and viruses. I am very happy that I am using it. Click here to learn about it. It works really well and worth having it. The size is perfect for what you need to be sanitized. I read that after the initial 10 seconds or 5 swipe process, it killed 100% of bacteria and after 40 seconds, 90% of handy spore-forming bacteria were inactivated.
- Do not wear a face mask for a long time as oxygen in the blood and brain reduces and may lead to death. Pull off when alone driving. Do not use it at home. Use in crowded places only and when in close contact with one or more persons.
livelifewellall.com may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through the recommended links in this article.
Join Wealthy Affiliate and learn how to make money online and be your own boss. Join for free training and have access to free websites. However, you have a choice to become a premium member and have access to endless information to further your training. The cost is very affordable especially if you sign up for the whole year. If you like learning, you will enjoy the Wealthy Affiliate and become part of the family. Click here,