What Is The Cause of Heart Disease?
Heart disease remains the leading cause of deaths among men and women in the United States and in other countries. But there is something we can do and we just have to know what to do to prevent this stressful and heartbreaking disease when it affects us. The cause is usually poor or bad dietary practice (however you want to look at it). Usually, individuals ages 40 and above are affected by poor eating habits and no exercise or activities. I listed below the kind of foods that can cause inflammation and lead to heart disease.
- Beef, pork, and lamb have saturated fat. If you eat them weekly you will develop a blockage in your arteries leading to the heart.
- Processed and cured meat like cold cuts, bacon, sausage, can be high in saturated fats and sodium.
- Fast Food burgers, and battered deep-fried chicken, and french fries
- All candies made of mostly sugar, sugary cereals, and donuts. Donuts are sugary and are deep-fried.
- Margarine and butter are made of saturated fat or hydrogenated oil. Vegetable Oils extracted by heat.
- High Alcohol consumption affects the cardiovascular system. At the time of drinking, alcohol can cause a temporary increase in heart rate and blood pressure. In the long- term, drinking above the guidelines can lead to an on-going increased heart rate, high blood pressure, weakened heart muscle, and irregular heartbeat.
Symptoms of Heart Attack
|Chest pain or discomfort||Pain or discomfort in one or both arms or shoulders|
|Feeling weak, light-headed, or fait||Shortness of Breath|
|Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck, or back|
Silent Heart Attack Symptoms
|Lightheadedness||Vomiting, indigestion, or other gastrointestinal distress|
|Nausea||Shortness of breath|
Making Your Cardiovascular System Consistently Healthy?
You must keep the meals and snacks listed in the first paragraph of this article away from your cart. Save them for occasional indulgences. Replace them with heart-healthy swaps. Saturated fat in red meat may not be bad for the heart if the red meat came from pasture-raised cows, lamb, chicken, and pork, provided that you consume the lean cut of the meat. A report found that while eating one 3.5 ounce serving or more of red meat daily wasn’t associated with a higher risk of heart disease, but consuming just 1.8 ounces of processed meat, the equivalent of two slices of bologna a day was associated with a 42 percent increased risk. The main culprit might not be the saturated fat but rather the high amounts of sodium and preservatives which promote arterial hardening in meat like bacon, sausage, and luncheon meat. That’s the difference between fresh meat and processed kind. Consume a small portion of red meat occasionally and not on a regular basis if you are not able to refrain from eating red meat.
How Do You Reverse Your Heart Disease?
Healing and reversing a heart disease will take alot of hard work and strong will-power, courage, and resourcefulness to make changes in your diet, nutrition, and lifestyle. The coronary heart disease is the accumulation of cholesterol-laden plaque inside the arteries nourishing the heart, known as atherosclerosis. According to researchers and dieticians, they said, heart disease cannot be reversed. Another report said that to reverse heart disease is through cardiac rehabilitation. There are actions that need to be taken and need to be consistent when taking action.
- Reduce consumption of saturated fats, trans fats, and dietary cholesterol like fatty meat and dairies. Eating a reasonable portion of meat matters.
- Eat fish high in omega-3 like salmon, mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna. Add good fats to your diet such as unsaturated fats. Choose lean cuts of meat, no skin turkey, or chicken. Eat more green vegetables, fresh green salad, legumes. Use herbal spices like cumin powder, holy basil, black pepper, chili peppers on some recipes you fix to eat.
- Eat a lot more whole foods naturally rich in fiber, whole fruits like apples, pears, blueberries,
- Lose excess body fat. Lemon juice is an effective way to lose weight as it increases the body’s metabolic rate. Drinking lemon juice with warm water on an empty stomach every morning can produce amazing results. Vitamin C helps arrhythmia.
- Do a simple exercise like QiGong. It is a gentle movement kind of exercise to help move blood and oxygen around the body, nourishing the organs and tissues promoting healing. It helps to calm the mind, relieve you of emotional stress and mental anxiety. Click here to learn about it.
- Cut down on sodium. Sodium can impact your kidney function and also raises blood pressure. A tsp of sodium contains 2,300 mg. Limit intake of sodium to 2,000 mg per day or lower.
- Avoid foods that have white sugar, confectioners, like desserts, sweets, candies, pastries, cakes, use of syrups.
- Kick the habit of smoking if you smoke.
How Supplementation Can Prevent and Heal A Heart Disease?
Supplementing nutrients will maximize the prevention or healing of existing coronary heart disease. Supplements will help with the healing because of the benefits.
- Magnesium glycinate is important for maintaining a healthy steady heartbeat and normal blood pressure to maintain heart health. According to a report, the common risk factors for cardiovascular disease such as high LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, high blood pressure, and metabolic syndrome are all associated with low nutritional magnesium status or low magnesium dietary intakes.
- CoEnzyme Q10 – Statin use can deplete CoQ10 levels, but not all cardiologists are fully aware of this. Cardiologists frequently prescribe CoQ10 for their patients, but fewer of them are fully aware of the need for COQ10 in connection with the statin use, a new survey has found.
- Olive Leaf Extract – studies show the extract helps prevent blood pressure from reaching a dangerously high level. It also assists to keep the arteries free from plaque blockages. Furthermore, the olive leaf has properties that help prevent the oxidization of LDL cholesterol in the arteries. The use of olive leaves appears to lessen the chance of strokes and heart attacks. Click here to learn more.
- Vitamin E and vitamin C are very good antioxidants. If you already have heart disease, vitamin E may help reduce your risk of a future heart attack. Vitamin C helps vitamin E work better in your body. It also improves the way your arteries work.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – will increase bile production and help support the liver, which are very important for processing and creating good cholesterol (HDL).
Can the Heart Repair Itself?
The heart does have the ability to make new muscle and possibly repair itself. The rate of regeneration is slow, though, that it can’t fix the kind of damage caused by a heart attack. According to a report, the rapid healing that follows after a heart attack creates scar tissue in place of working muscle tissue. My thoughts on this are, our body will heal gradually if we nourish our body properly and we exercise so as to keep the blood flowing throughout the body. Supplementing I know someone personally who had a half blockage in his arteries 5 years ago. The person loved eating beef and pork, ended up in the hospital, and confined for a week. He was on statins, BP meds, and metformin. After the treatment at the hospital, he also developed arrhythmia, (irregular heartbeat). He was also visiting a cardiologist once a month to monitor his progress. He slowly changed his dietary habit and tried to stop drinking alcohol. He also took a variety of supplements. Long story short, his heart has been healthier with a regular heartbeat for the past 2 years, his cholesterol and blood sugar fluctuates between within and below normal numbers. The year 2020 is even better as his BP has been normal. It hasn’t been for 40 years for him. I believe that nourishing our body with the proper nutrients and minerals, we will heal and regenerate our body cells.
Disclosure: livelifewellall.com may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through the recommended links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
P.S. > I invite you to join Wealthy Affiliate and learn how to make money online and be your own boss. Join for free training and have access to a free website. However, you have a choice to become a premium member and have access to endless information to further your training. The cost is very affordable especially if you sign up for the whole year. If you like learning, you will enjoy the Wealthy Affiliate and become part of the family.