About The Hemp Plant
Hemp is related to marijuana. You can buy hemp-seed oil or protein powder. The latter is a popular nutritional supplement used by a lot of body-building and health-conscious individuals. Hemp protein powder is one of the popular varieties made by grinding pressed hemp seeds into a fine powder and the powder is mostly mixed in smoothies or sprinkled on a fresh green salad.
Hemp Seed Oil can be used as salad dressing, mixed in smoothies, or taken as a supplement. In addition, it is legally defined as a cannabis plant similar to marijuana but has very low tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the chemical that can make people high. Cannabis has high THC. Hemp contains cannabidiol (CBD), a chemical that is being used to treat all kinds of conditions. These conditions are epilepsy, anxiety, eczema, psoriasis. The hemp seed oil has linoleic and oleic acids that cannot be produced by the body which is very good for skin health and anti-aging treatment.
Vitamins in Hemp Products and Benefits
Hemp Seed Oil has large amounts of unsaturated fats like omega 6 and omega 3 fats and nine essential amino acids which our bodies use to make protein. Research showed that 91-98% of the protein in ground hemp seed is digestible. That means the body can use almost all of the amino acids in hemp protein powder for important bodily functions like repair and maintenance. Hemp oil supplements are available in soft gels or you can get 8 – 16 ounces bottle of hemp oil. I take hemp oil at night before bedtime just because of its health benefits. I always mix in a tbsp or two of the hemp protein powder when making a smoothie.
Hemp seeds contain Vitamin B and C, Calcium, Iron, Omega 3 fatty acids, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), arginine, and magnesium. Some chemicals in hemp seed help promote bowel movements and also lower blood pressure. The linoleic and oleic acids content in hemp oil encourages skin growth and helps regenerates cells. In addition, it can reduce fine lines and wrinkles as well as prevent signs of aging from developing due to its anti-aging properties. Also, studies show that the high arginine levels in hemp seed oil can decrease the risk of heart disease.
Many Uses of Hemp
- Hemp flowers, leaves, seeds, seed oil, and protein are used as food and medicine.
- A lot of people are switching to plant-based milk over cow’s milk. Hemp milk is produced from the seeds of the plant. The seeds are blended with water and then the mixture is strained. The process is similar to nut milk. People say it is surprisingly creamy, has an earthy and nutty taste.
- Hemp is used to making cloth, paper, cosmetics, rope, printer’s ink, wood preservative, detergents, soaps, and lighting oil.
- Hemp Seed Oil can be used topically on the skin or can be ingested. It is considered safe to use for most people. Some women use it as make-up remover without clogging pores. I personally use hemp seed oil to remove makeup as it also hydrates the skin.
- CBD retailers now sell hemp-based pet treats, excellent for those of you looking to keep your furry friend in good health. Hemp pet foods are also on the market but do be careful as cats and dogs can suffer if fed a vegetarian diet. They need plenty of protein, not just hemp. Vegetarian animals might enjoy hemp.
- Take a tbsp of hemp seed oil each evening after dinner will improve your cardiovascular health, can improve skin health. It can also ease conditions like eczema, psoriasis, pain, nausea, depression, addiction, epilepsy, anxiety, and more.
Hemp Protein Powder and Hemp Seeds Oil As Food
Add a tbsp or two of hemp protein powder to your fruit smoothies. Also, try 1 tbsp of hemp protein powder, and a cup of each frozen blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, and coconut water together in your favorite blender or any of your preferred frozen fruits. I use frozen fruits and the smoothie is like eating sorbet.
Hemp seed oil is great for making vinaigrette as a salad dressing. Use it just like the way you will use olive oil for a salad dressing mix with ground pepper, Himalayan salt, a few powdered walnuts, brown sugar. Also, try using Hemp Seed Oil for making pesto salad dressing.
The hemp seed oil is available cold-pressed and the best when you buy the oil. Research has found that heat processing can reduce the digestibility of hemp protein by about 10%, so look for hemp protein powders made from cold-pressed seeds.
Final Thoughts on Hemp Food Use
Hemp products are legal in the U.S. Cannabidiol is approved as a prescription drug and so it cannot be included in dietary supplements. Hemp flowers, leaves, seeds, seed oil, and protein are used as food and/or medicine. As a food supplement, it helps maintain general health and wellbeing. CBD supplements come in forms as a tincture, a capsule, or gummy bears. Specialty supermarkets in the U.S. do sell Hemp Seed Oil and can be found in the cold storage area. You can find Hemp Protein powder in almost any store like Sprouts or any Health Food Store. Hemp Seed Oil and Hemp Protein powder are available online also.
How to identify if you are getting high-quality CBD Oil? A full-expectrum extract can appear dark green or brown. While isolates tend to be whatever color the carrier oil is. Green CBD oil is a good indication that there are plenty of cannabinoids and plant compounds in the oil, suggesting you have a genuinely full-expectrum CBD oil. Also, before you buy the oil, read the CBD oil reviews and find what other users thought of the brand and their experience of using the oil.
Hemp is so versatile because of its many uses. It is used in textiles, nutrition, construction, fuel, and more.
As an Amazon affiliate, livelifewellall.com may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.
I invite you to join Wealthy Affiliate and learn how to make money online and be your own boss. Join for free training and have access to a free website. However, you have a choice to become a premium member and have access to endless information to further your training. The cost is very affordable especially if you sign up for the whole year. If you like learning, you will enjoy Wealthy Affiliate and become part of the family.