How to control, prevent or reverse hypertension without medication?
This article is about how to control, prevent, and reverse hypertension naturally without medication in the hope to help a lot of people dealing with hypertension and who don’t know exactly what to do. A lot of options are available to you to treat and prevent hypertension. Also, some of you may be having your personal physician or primary care prescribe you medications to handle the high blood pressure situation. Others may prefer to opt for a more natural solution or do a combination with prescribed medication and not worry about side effects and have peace of mind.
You will need to have strong willpower to resist processed food and kick some habits that cause hypertension. I would like to present to you what some of those easily done options are.
To control, prevent or reverse hypertension, know the symptoms . . .
Should you have any of the symptoms, check your blood pressure. If you don’t have a blood pressure monitor, it is good to get one so you will know right away if you have an elevated BP. There are several brands out there in the market and most work just fine. I have purchased 4 BP monitors. I keep 2 for family use and two I gave away as gifts. My favorite is the Paramed BP monitor. Not only it is inexpensive but it is really great as it plays a piece of calming music when you start it. Reading the reviews first helps a lot in making a decision on which brands to buy. The Paramed brand is very light and small enough to take with you anywhere.
Prevent and reverse hypertension by changing lifestyle habits
- Avoid high processed luncheon meat and other food that contained high sodium.
- Refrain from eating deep-fried food cooked in high heat.
- Processed food that contains sucralose, Splenda, aspartame, white sugar, and high fructose corn syrup should be avoided.
- Reduce the excessive amount of alcohol daily. Here is the limit for men that drink specific alcohol daily and if cannot completely eliminate alcohol. Women with elevated BP should drink 1 drink a day only.
1.5 oz of hard liquor for a person that drinks daily. 12 oz of beer, or 5 oz of red wine. In addition, get enough hours of sleep. At least 8 hours. If you are over 50, up to 9 hours of sleep will do wonders for your body.
5. Try to relax if you are stressed as stress cortisol will raise your blood pressure
6. If you are smoking, kick the habit.
Prevent, control and reverse hypertension with these foods . . .
These foods will help prevent, control, and reverse hypertension.
- Drink 1 or two glasses of Celery and carrot juice a day.
- All kinds of berries have the potential to reduce heart disease as they are rich in antioxidants and anthocyanins. Anthocyanins have shown to increase nitric oxide levels in the blood.
- Eat dark chocolates as it has shown to reduce LDL cholesterol, making it a heart-healthy snack as it is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols.
- Eating 1-2 servings of nitrate-rich vegetables, every day can reduce hypertension for up to 24 hours, according to a study.
- Garlic is very effective in lowering blood pressure naturally. Always mix garlic in your cooking to take advantage of that benefit.
- Always have salmon and other fatty fish in your diet, they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Beans and lentils are rich in nutrients that will help regulate BP.
Prevent and control hypertension with exercise and supplementing
Consider losing extra weight if you need to as it will help lower hypertension. Exercising most days of the week is an effective way to lower your blood pressure. In addition, supplementing at the same time will lower your blood pressure successfully. Below are some of the supplements great for lowering BP.
- Magnesium will help BP stay low, help muscles regulate their contractions, your heart to maintain a healthy beat, and help the brain communicate better with your body.
- Moringa Powder in capsules – has healthful compounds like Vitamin A, B1 (thiamine) B2, (riboflavin), B3 (niacin, B6, folate, ascorbic acid, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. Moreover, Moringa is known to lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. If you are taking a prescription for BP and taking Moringa also, please monitor your BP daily. Your BP may go down very low.
- Olive Leaf Powder Extract in Capsules – may also help in lowering the systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Pine Bark Extract Powder in Capsules is very good in lowering blood pressure. I know people personally that take pine bark extract and continues to take it to the present. Promotes better circulation and good energy.
- Krill Oil is rich in EPA and DHA, the types of omega 3 fatty acids. Also, it has an antioxidant called astaxanthin. Krill oil will help reduce triglycerides in the arteries. Did you know that high triglycerides cause the narrowing of arteries? It does and makes it difficult for the blood to flow into the heart. Blocked arteries can lead to hypertension.
Controlling and reversing hypertension is not hard . . .
If you have hypertension, let’s get started by addressing what needs to be done first. I hope that I have provided enough information that can help you reverse hypertension or prevent it from happening. Watch what you eat and if you think you have some habits that may put you at risk for heart disease, you may want to kick some bad habits to give you some peace of mind. Should you know more information or other ways to help someone resolve his or her being hypertensive, please feel free to share that in the comments below. I will be very appreciative of what you are happy to share to save lives.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Affiliate, livelifewellall.com may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through links on this article. No extra cost to you or will not affect the price you pay.
P.S. > I invite you to join Wealthy Affiliate and learn how to make money online and be your own boss. Join for free training and have access to a free website. However, you have a choice to become a premium member and will have access to endless information for more comprehensive training. The cost is very affordable especially if you sign up for the whole year. If you like learning, you will enjoy Wealthy Affiliate and become a part of the family.